- Slippage behind the walls of the centre has caused quite severe cracking in the structure
- Engineers recommended that the centre be shut down immediately
- The safety of our people and families using the facility had to be our overriding priority.
- new retaining wall works
- a new external ramp to access the centre (particularly important for emergency vehicles)
- fencing, gates and lighting
- new accessible toilets with baby change facilities
- reconfiguring the carpark
- a redesign and fit out to the internal layout of the facility as the final stage of works.
Why did we close the Bike Centre?
When will the Bike Centre re-open?
The intention is to open the facility in 2022. The timing of works is dependent on contractor and material availability and inclement weather.
What is included in the scope of works?
The project will provide substantial and remedial works including a redesign of the Bike Centre. Alterations will include:
When will we start taking bookings?
Once we get closer to a completion date Council will make some media announcements. At this stage we are not taking bookings.