The South Launceston Reservoir was opened at 12 noon by Mayor R.H. Price.
Excerpt from Tasmanian (Launceston, Tas. : 1881 - 1895), Saturday 5 May 1894, page 47.
The Mayor, accompanied by the superintendent, went down to the spot where the tap was situated and turned on the water, while the rest of the party remained at the edge of the reservoir to see the water issue forth. It came slowly out, and when quite satisfied that it was "well and truly" turned on they departed with joyous hearts.